The adventure travel dream come true.

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


The biCycle bug bit me very hard past 2 years back. Though i was regular biCycle commuter during college days, the greed for motorbike,car made me take a long break off the saddle. The freedom feeling is back when my bums started resting back on the saddle.

Have been commuting to office for about 2 years now. Its so much fun to ride in those busy streets, drizzling rains, chilled nights of Bangalore streets. Getting back on saddle pulled me back into my college days.

 anabhyAse viShaM vidyAwhen not practiced, knowledge is poison.

Having connected to "PeterVanGeit" through his great work for CTC, never wanted to miss the Navigation Bootcamp he was conducting. The big reason to attend this bootcamp was also to meet Peter in the Final assignment. None of the excuses really matter for meeting Peter. This assignment opened up the new door for my thirst for the trials. It gave me better understanding of the Google Maps/Earth and helped me create my own trails.  After few trail rides couldn't play more with maps and the OruxMaps cursed me.

By this time riding though the monotonous streets, just 4km one way started giving an hint about doing some thing different to make the office commute interesting.

There are ten different ways of doing the same thing, before this thought would cross my mind the "Navigation Bootcamp" and "Office Commute" got married together.

To make the office commute little interesting, started using the learning of the Navigation Bootcamp to create maps. But what map to create for the same source and destination????

The kids question gave me an hint on what i need to draw on the map and the journey began.

My Regular Office Commute Path:

Its around 4+ KM ride, where I will be on saddle for around 15 mins.

                                        Plan                           Ride                         Stat

Path 1:

Though the planning was perfect, not being familiar with Strava made me miss the initial few meters data recorded. This path was ridden using the "Old is Gold" doodhwala cycle, borrowed from an office colleague. Thanks Manas.

                                         Plan                           Ride                         Stat

Path 2:

This path was the toughest to create as it involved multiple return trips on the same path. I wanted to make sure all the ride is "continuos" like a cursive with no breaks.

                                             Plan                           Ride                         Stat

Path 3:

My love of google products, specially google maps just doubled as it never let me ride on the "one ways". An amazing product from google, which can be used blindfolded.


                                           Plan                           Ride                         Stat

Path 4:

Repeat of Path 3, but different flagoff point.


                                          Plan                           Ride                         Stat


Path 5:


The most funny path of all, where i was about to ride inside an house [no it wasn't google mistake].

                                             Plan                           Ride                         Stat

And this is how it looked at the end of the 5 rides. And I have the answer for the kid.

Green Ride



These 5 rides gave me an amazing experience and lessons. 
        - Nothing is boring is life, you have everything around to make it interesting 
        - Any perfect plan can go wrong for a short moment, you need to realign your self to reach your destination
        -  Never give up when things go wrong, move on by making corrections to your plan to reach the goal. 
        - Traffic jams are the representation of people attitude. 

Good to see so many bikers on the road. Wishing every one a Happy New Year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib